On early Friday, 22nd April Microsoft published Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 Community Technology Preview [build version: 10.50.2418.0]. This package should be use only for testing purpose in non-production environment. Service Pack 1 package cover all updates published before SQL Server 2008 R2 Cumulative Update 7 [up to CU6]. You can install this package for the following editions:
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Editions: Workgroup, Web, Standard, Enterprise, Developer, Datacenter, Parallel Computing (Warehouse) and Express Edition.
For last (express) edition You should obtain special version for SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition (with or without Advanced Services). For all other edition You can download those files:
Download | Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Readme.htm | 18KB
Download | SQLManagementStudio_x64_ENU.exe | 193.8MB
Download | SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe | 190.0MB
Download | SQLServer2008R2SP1-KB2463333-IA64-ENU.exe | 302.5MB
Download | SQLServer2008R2SP1-KB2463333-x64-ENU.exe | 314.9MB
Download | SQLServer2008R2SP1-KB2463333-x86-ENU.exe | 207.5MB
And the most important question is: What’s new in SQL Server 2008 R2 Service pack 1?
- Dynamic Management Views for increased supportability
- ForceSeek for improved querying performance
- Data-tier Application Component Framework (DAC Fx) for improved database upgradest
- Disk space control for PowerPivot
Those packages are supported for operating systems below:
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-Bit x86);
- Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 editions;
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2;
- Windows Server 2008 R2;
- Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- 64-bit systems (x64, ia64)
More information, release notes, comments and files You can find on the Download Page HERE.