Microsoft SharePoint Product Group released two important updates packs in December: one for SharePoint 2010 and one for SharePoint 2013. Let’s look for old SharePoint version. Before you will go to download and install you should remember that this December 2014 Cumulative Update (build no 14.0.7140.5000) require installed Service Pack 2 for SharePoint 2010, and is no longer support for Service Pack 2, and installation of base product and language packs are necessary, and SharePoint 2010 CU contain SharePoint Foundation CU (no double installation required).
Three files and three knowledge base articles for all:
- KB 2899585 – about SharePoint Foundation 2010 and two important problems has been fixed:
- Assume that you set the default value for a Date and Time column as the current date in a SharePoint 2010 custom list. When you create a new item to the list during 23:00 to 00:00, the date for this column is set as the next day.
- Assume that you set an alert on a SharePoint 2010 Announcements list. When an alert email is triggered by an Announcements list item that contains many lines of content, the text in the mail body is formatted as strikethrough.
- KB 2899583 – about SharePoint Server 2010 and few important problems has been fixed:
- Assume that you start the User Profile Synchronization service on a SharePoint 2010 site collection. When a thumbnail for a profile picture is missing, the profile synchronization may fail because of a stopped-server error.
- When you try to open a .pdf file from a search result on a SharePoint 2010 site, the .pdf file is opened in Adobe Reader instead of in the browser.
Improves the integration of SharePoint 2010 and OneDrive for Business by letting administrators be able to add OneDrive for Business links on a SharePoint 2010 installation.
- KB 2899587 – about Project Server 2010 and another two problems has been fixed:
- When you change the view of the Project Center page and apply a different filter or grouping, the filter option and the grouping option do not change as expected, and the view may still be filtered or grouped based on the previous view.
- Assume that you have a resource whose Latest Available date is set, and the resource’s calendar has exceptions. When you call the Resource.UpdateResources method, you may receive the "CalendarUnusedCalendarException" error message
You can downolad all necessary files (in total ca 3 GB size) directly from download center (almost directly – ‘cos you have to fill mail address twice uthorization code and next you will get download link on email message)
After installing the fixes you need to run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard on each machine in the farm.
More related important links (from SharePoint Release Team) are below: